HOW DO I SUBMIT COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS?
To receive credit for participating in the OUSD Community Service Program at graduation students must read full instructions on the Community Service Guidelines page within the Community Service Student Handbook. The following steps only entail the process of submitting hours:
1. Submit the completed Community Service Permission Form & Community Service Guidelines found in the Community Service Student Handbook on this page to be able to start recording hours with the school.
2. Non-profit organizations must either be from the pre-approved list of agencies found in the Community Service Resource Guide within the Community Service Student Handbook or students must receive school approval to earn credit from an organization not listed BEFORE submitting hours.
3. For each non-profit a student performs approved community service they must attach a business card of the volunteer program supervisor to the first completed Community Service Verification Form they submit for their first day of community service.
4. For each subsequent day of community service a completed Community Service Verification Form must be submitted.
5. All Community Service Verification Forms MUST have the signature of the program supervisor, hours worked in the supervisor’s handwriting, and all other sections completed.
6. All completed forms must be submitted by email to email@example.com, or in person to Ms. Nicky Clark in the Library between 7:45-2:00pm on school days. Any forms submitted by email must have clear and legible information to be accepted.
NOTE: It’s recommended to select an organization from the Community Service Resource Guide as seeking school approval requires research, and a process of authorizations. However, if you can wait a week for this process to be carried out you are welcome to seek school approval. For more information on what organizations commonly do not meet the requirements of the program read the Community Service Guidelines.
Electronic or scanned signatures are encouraged for students to maintain appropriate social distance while collecting signatures on required community service forms